Re: [OM] Mom

Subject: Re: [OM] Mom
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 16:12:55 -0700
On 5/24/2020 7:56 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Do I recall you saying that 12-200 lens wasn't sharp? :-)

ATRA Moose

I now thinking that it is the focusing that is off. My keeper rate is still pretty low. I often have to manual focus close before the auto focus locks. Sometimes I'm sure that I nailed focus only to get home and see that it was off. I should get out the old EM5i to see if it is the body. The 14-150 is reliably better at focus on this body (EM5ii)  though. Let see if I can find an example...

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Feb20/example1_2250014.jpg>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Feb20/example2_2250014.jpg>

The both should have been spot on. Willing subject at about 10-15m and a steady, braced position. f8 and was there. Decent shutter speed. The second is better and could be acceptable with LCE. Both cropped to show detail, pulled shadows. No sharpening.

Looks like the second is right on. Light help will make it very sharp and
detailed.

Sounds very frustrating.

Do you have Anti-Shock [] (0sec) on? Silly name, rooted in history, for electronic first curtain. Required in 5 II for longer lenses.

Focus set to Small Spot?

OK, I know, it can't be that, but if I had this trouble, I'd clean off the lens
and body contacts.

Still under warranty? Send it in to be checked out.