[OM] IMG: Cooking in confinement

Subject: [OM] IMG: Cooking in confinement
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 12:54:20 +0200
During 7 weeks we were almost totally confined to the house. No going out
except for buying food, medicines, other similar necessities, and accessing
medical services. No strolling or exercise (unless you had a dog, then you
could walk it within 100 meters of your home). Obviously, all restaurants and
bars were closed. In normal times, we go out a once or twice a week, and on
Friday night we almost always get pizza from the local pizzeria. No such luck
now. So, we cooked at home every day, something we actually both enjoy, and I
have been photographing the more photogenic dishes. Many of the dishes shown
here, like my vegan Irish stew for St. Patrick’s Day and my wife’s homemade
pizza, are firsts for us. Others, like the pasteles, are part of my wife’s
heritage, so she makes them from time to time (she is Puerto Rican). The baked
salmon filets is one of my standard dishes, always accompanied by homemade
Belgian fries.

The gallery covers the period March 14 - May 2. As from that day, we have been
allowed out to exercise, and walks on the beach became possible again, so even
though restaurants and bars remained closed for another couple of weeks, I
regard that date as the end of confinement.

Have a look. I am getting hungry:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/>

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"