Re: [OM] Window Shopping for cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Window Shopping for cameras
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 21:17:13 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The OMD-EM1 Mk3 is a "wow" camera... the hyper-slow 14-54 Mk1 lens
> focused faster than on ANY other camera.
>
> Then came the Panasonic G9... the camera took FOREVER to focus the 14-54 lens.

There's the rub.

Unless you get a PDAF camera, you're locking yourself out of all the incredible
PDAF lenses out there. The 4/3rds SHG lenses are INCREDIBLE!

You love the OM 100/2. Wait until you try the E-System 150/2! Or the 35-100/2
(my "bag of primes"). Plus, as a Kodak sensor fan, you get to use the SHG
lenses on your E-System bodies.

That may not make a difference to you. But the 4/3rds SHG lenses are an
incredible bargain these days, and the two that I have blow away most other
lenses I've used. (I have to sit on my hands whenever other SHG lenses pop up,
since my income is CoViD-19 deprived these days.)

:::: There is a standard wrong belief about the physics of energy and the
economy; it is the belief we can somehow train the economy to get along without
much energy. -- Gail Tverberg <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Gail+Tverberg> ::::