Re: [OM] [Formatting SSD for Mac.

Subject: Re: [OM] [Formatting SSD for Mac.
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 21:35:01 -0500
Hi John,

I read your solicitation this afternoon when it popped up, and spoke to my eldest son who has retired from a career working with many different kinds of computers.  He came to mind because, in December, as Windows 7 was coming to an end, he spec'd out a new iMac for me, ordered it and set it up to get me into Apple Land. I asked him about your proposal to Format the external SSD as Mac extended journaled, and he said that is what he did with mine.

He is careful about giving out technical advice, and asked me to wait a while and see if you received any other offers of advice, before stepping forward.  Since the Olympus wires have been fairly quiet this evening, I thought I would pass it on.  He says there are several ways to approach the task, but he felt what you are suggesting would probably be the most trouble-free.

Hope this helps, and good luck.  I am enjoying the iMac.