Re: [OM] [Formatting SSD for Mac.

Subject: Re: [OM] [Formatting SSD for Mac.
From: JOHN DUGGAN via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 21:10:25 +0100 (BST)
Cc: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all. Advice please from Mac users.
I am using a 2012 27" Mac running High Sierra, and a 2017 Macbook air running Catalina. I have just bought a 1Tb Crucial external SSD. I want to be able to transfer photo folders between machines as well as having a number of folders stored in one place.Is it acceptable to Format it simply as Mac extended journaled and transfer photo folders as I need them? Also a scanner update. I became really P*ssed off with the non ability to play nicely with both machines due to lack of support from Canon. I donated the machine to charity and bought an Epson V550 Photo.(in the 2 wks since buying it the price on Amazon UK has increased by £30. ) After a battle with scanner software and total lack of printed manual , I finally....after about 8hrs ! got it to talk to both machines.First results are promising....But I despair when I have to run software on a Windoze to find out how to install it on a Mac .!!!

Regards  John Duggan,     Wales, UK