Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 10:41:22 -0800
> We can go for food, pills, and as of yesterday, trout fishing.  So I sit out
> in the backyard taking photos if weather permits.  I ran across a near-new
> E-300 recently so I'm using it with a 50-200,  Camera will not recognize the
> SWD version.  Was gonna ad a photo, but at 79, memory is not telling me how
> to do that, maybe later.

As Frank indicated, the E-300 probably needs a firmware update.

Moose's world-famous E-300, along with Piers' E-400 and an
ultra-low-mileage E-1 that was likely used for passport photos have
recently been added to the Zone-10 Living History Farm. I'm pretty
impressed with the E-300 and find it to be the design equivalence of a
"Stance Car". But it is a very good picture-taking machine. I like the
E-400 more, because of the size/weight, but the E-300 might be a
little better with dynamic range. Still learning them.

The 50-200 SWD should be on my short-list of lenses to acquire (along
with a 14-54 Mk2). While modern cameras have the more/better pickles,
there is just something unusual and enticing about the Kodak sensor
Olympus pictures. It's an optical "spicing" that gives a different
flavor to the meal.

AG Schnozz