[OM] Gamlingay roofs

Subject: [OM] Gamlingay roofs
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 18:17:19 +0100
I’m on the Steering Group for our village’s Neighbourhood Plan, an attempt by
the Government to give local people a say in how development progresses in
different sorts of community.  The roofs of the “historic core” of the village
are an interesting part of its heritage and the SG asked me to provide more
photos for the NP.

The NP is delayed by the current crisis, of course, but it means that there is
time to spend on this sort of work.  And I can take some of these photos
without leaving the confines of our garden.  There are rules which proscribe
this sort of photography without permission from the owners of the property,
but since this is for the community I’ve judged it a reasonable activity.

One of the photos is here:

<https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipPoNwJcQh4nPMvTG2xIdW37V7VzT8Bxzv7TfvnOw7P40U6XpNBvIdM1BkrpdLSILQ/photo/AF1QipNdTcNOcs77p6o5-kW4kMj3BOYfKQwmXEqOLH24?key=c0dabURfbTd2VWNaTHZLU2RCbE9HQ1UwcUtKRXpB

<https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipPoNwJcQh4nPMvTG2xIdW37V7VzT8Bxzv7TfvnOw7P40U6XpNBvIdM1BkrpdLSILQ/photo/AF1QipNdTcNOcs77p6o5-kW4kMj3BOYfKQwmXEqOLH24?key=c0dabURfbTd2VWNaTHZLU2RCbE9HQ1UwcUtKRXpB>>

Our house, a former pub, is the first on the left.  You can just see the “ghost
sign” on the gable end over the street; it says something like "Royston Fine
Ales”.  I suspect that another sign was erased somehow on the near wall,
replaced with newer Cambridge Yellow bricks, but on the northern side a ghost
sign remains, “Royston Fine Ales and Bottled Stouts”.

It wasn’t this golden glow when I took the photo, but Luminar 4 provided me
with the wherewithal to alter reality a smidgeon . . .

Chris