Re: [OM] self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] self-isolating
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:21:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     My biggest problem at the moment is finding sealed containers to store
what I have.  With the warmer weather soon to arrive, insects will eat through
the thin plastic bags.  I haven't found any lately in the thrift stores.

     Another thing is price gouging.  Two weeks ago I bought some zinc/copper
capsules on evilBay to keep my immune system healthy.  Today I saw that the
price for them has tripled.  They are available on Amazon, evilBay, and Walmart.

     A daily multi tablet available from Costco has the needed daily allowance
of zinc and copper plus potassium, which you rarely see in a multivitamin.

>> That sounds like stupid greed and selfishness. If people shop rationally,
>>there should be no shortages. When I go to the supermarket, things are
>>almost normal. Yesterday they had no Brussels sprouts which I happened to
>>want for dinner, but that was the extent of my deprivation.
>>>

>I think the concept of "Costco" is probably a little foreign to some
>people. Also, the culture is a bit different too. There is no picking
>up just one or two of something for tonight's meal. Everything you get
>will get divided out for multiple meals. It's a bulk purchase thing.
>You can't go into Costco without spending $200, but you only need to
>do that once in a while. Unlike the local grocer, you can't just pick
>up one of something, it all comes in bulk.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson