Re: [OM] IMG: Seen Around the Yard

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Seen Around the Yard
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 06:08:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We only have three or so Sears stores remaining In the Phoenix area.  In
my shop you can look in any direction or open almost any drawer and find a
Craftsman machine or tool, and occasionally I'll be wearing a shirt with a
Craftsman tag on it.

     Just this past Tuesday I came across a 1950s vintage Craftsman 1/2 HP
shaper for just $35.  It was the type with the cast iron top with the
rectangular holes, which was considered to be an accident waiting to happen.  I
would have bought it but I have a much nicer one from Grizzly.

https://ebth-com-production.imgix.net/2016/06/14/21/22/34/134/_MG_3978.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=880&h=880&fit=crop&crop=&auto=format

>And finally, as I approached the gate, it occurred to me that is ironic
>that Sears stores are rapidly disappearing, but their products, like
>this 50-yr-old fence and gate, continue to serve well.
>
>http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200308-P3088522.JPG.html

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson