Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 16/2/2020: Fifty shades of blue

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 16/2/2020: Fifty shades of blue
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 06:42:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     That's more generous than over here, where the distance is just 1 meter (3
feet).  Many drivers don't observe this, so some cyclists have resorted to
using pool noodles:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/btoimage/prism-thumbnails/articles/20180905-pool-noodle-bike.jpg-resize-_opacity_100-frame_bg_color_FFF-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_1300_.jpg

>Thanks for looking, Chris. There is virtually no traffic on this road.
>From the point at which I took this picture and until I arrived in the
>town of San Vicente, a stretch of about 15 km, I did not meet a single
>car. On the rare occasion when I do meet a car, the drivers around here
>usually obey Spanish law which says that you must give the cyclist 1.5
>meters distance when overtaking.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson