Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 03:19:02 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Simple but elegant solution Moose writes:

<<I think not everyone here fully understood the details of your question. You
posed it rather broadly. Am I correct that the primary question is how to allow
you and Marnie separate, but equal, access to all <<your shared photos in LR?

Yes, that is essentially it.  We both will use the new PC on separate accounts
but will have to put the images on one win 10 account.

<<I wonder if simple might not be best. Put the image files and LR catalog on
each computer. When a few changes have been made, use Syncback to sync the two
sets of images, then update each LR <<catalog to the new/changed images on that
machine. Syncback works fine across the net between two machines, I use it that
way all the time.

Using LR as the DAM seems easiest and want every image on my current laptop on
the new guy but every image we load on the new PC doesn't have to be on my
Lenovo. Prolly easiest just to sync as you say to avoid headaches.  The folder
structure on my laptop is a bit funky as it has backups from older units.  I
never bothered to fix it as I can find the folders as it is.  I can transfer
the bulk of the images via external SSD but have no experience with Syncback .
Nice that it can work wirelessly.  What version do you use?  I hope I can
configure it to sync properly even if the folder structure is a bit different.

Trying to get in sync, Mike