Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 21:49:29 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
So what is a good strategy to deal with 2 computers?

Keeping all photos and the LR catalogue on external drive seems nuts with all
the space I have on the new system.  Some keep a catalogued synced on 2
systems, usually a laptop and tower with a laptop for travel.  That looks
complex.
It does not look like LR will accept having the catalogue on a network drive if
I configured my current laptop C drive as such.   The catalogue by itself can
be on an external drive and LR doesn't care which computer it is on.
Perhaps just transfer the images to the new system as there is plenty of room
and have two separate catalogues  (one on each)and add the images to the system
where they were not processed. Both will be backed up and adds redundancy but
is more work too.

Trying to get sorted, Mike