Re: [OM] Samsung T5 1TB external SSD

Subject: Re: [OM] Samsung T5 1TB external SSD
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 19:28:09 -0800
Yes, the WD Easystore cases can be opened up and the drives
repurposed. I don't know if the 5TB is still a Red, but the 4TB almost
all were. (I'm not sure they make any 5TB drives in anything but Red).
I think what WD is doing is just popping in whatever they got extras
of. And the Reds are good performing drives.

AG Schnozz
For that price I'll get two and take a look. Also looking at the Red Pro 4tb which is 7200rpm/256cachefor $130 from B&H. Would be faster for in the case and use the external for backup.. or just use the two slower drives. I can always copy the photo to ramdisk to edit and save back. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Gotta go batten down the hatches. We have a monster cyclone coming ashore south of us tonight and tomorrow. This means we get the Fraser River out flow. Brrrr!