Re: [OM] Another NR datapoint

Subject: Re: [OM] Another NR datapoint
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 19:49:21 -0800
Hi Tina,

I probably missed it some where. Which film scanner are you using?
Of course, if you pushed the kodachrome, that would increase grain.

Here are some kodachrome scans I did 17 years ago with LS-2000 scanner.
I now have LS-4000. These photos were taken by my dad around 1955.
For some scanned kodachrome noise comparison...

Some family, I'm the little one, 3 years old?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MpdJ7QMpctuNJU1YA
My dad - an early selfie.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jL1aJvZAx9BCUTkQ9
Grand father and mother, Clarksville MO.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7qYyHqEb61V9hsUu9
My dad used a Canon range finder. I remember the lens folded into the camera.

All my Dad's E6 have faded. He also tried to be cheap and develop his own.
Those are the worst. Clearly the kodachrome scans well with the LS-2000.
Amazing how good kodachrome was back then.

WayneS