[OM] Another NR datapoint

Subject: [OM] Another NR datapoint
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 00:11:33 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
NFL Moose writes:

<<<When I saw Tina's photo of the Berlin Wall, I was interested in the noise.

Clearly an interesting and useful exercise in tackling noise.  Weird pattern
with the increasing and lower freq noise in the sky--some odd interaction of
grain and scanning.
 It seems very unlikely Denoise AI trained on scans much less Kodachrome scans.
 They clearly could optimize it for that if desired, but it would be a small
niche market.
The combo with masking can work, perhaps leaving enough so it looks liked
scanned Kodachrome but the odd sky noise gradient is distracting to me.

Curiously I found a roll of undeveloped Kodachrome that Marnie had.  I just got
it in under the wire as the chemicals to develop it in color were running out.
It was fun to see Marnie  with her friends before I met her.
There were some artifacts but overall they turned out amazingly well.

Mike