Re: [OM] iso-invariance - conceding

Subject: Re: [OM] iso-invariance - conceding
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 07:41:22 -0700
PS

So a better definition of ISO Invariance is not what the DPR article
describes, rather it is the flatness of the Shadow Improvement with ISO curve.

Hence, A flat Shadow Improvement vs ISO curve implies ISO invariance.

I suggest everyone check out their camera curves.

If I were to push this to extreme with my A7iii, I would have to go into the
menu and set the EV to -5 as the dial only goes to -3EV.
The downside of the menu EV setting, for a7iii, a7riii, is that if the dial
changes
from zero, the menu setting is overridden. Some people have suggest
putting slick tap around the knob to make it less likely to get bumped.

Now I'm wondering when to actually set the ISO higher?

WayneS