Re: [OM] Well, that sucks

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, that sucks
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 16:15:08 -0400 (EDT)
. burst mode transforms capture of moving things, compared both to film and to
earlier digital with
slow AF. These shots don't happen otherwise

i must disagree in part. The AF on my first digital was slooow. But after that
it has gotten fast enough for me. But one of the things that I did when I began
photography, was to develop mental processes to improve my shooting. One of the
things I practiced was anticipating a shutter release, to allow for the delay,
even on film. Yes it takes practice, but once baked into the brain, it's there
forever. I once shot a NCAA regional basketball game with a Nikon F, and got
many of the "money shots." It can be done.

Perhaps for you, and experienced and thoughtful photographer, you can make sort
bursts advantageous, but for most it's just a sloppy and lazy habit born of
inexperience and supported by a lack of improving one's craft.