Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Dorian

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Dorian
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 16:35:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     NHC and GFS updated their forecasts within the past hour.  NHC is now
forecasting in the EDT time reference.

     NHC shows that Dorian will make a direct hit on Miami around noon on
Tuesday as a weak category 4 or strong category 3 storm.  It then makes a hard
right turn to the north.  I don't recall ever having seen a hurricane make a
turn this sharply.

     NHC and GFS 18 shows Dorian reaching Jacksonville by noon on Wednesday as
a category 1 storm.  GFS shows Dorian reaching Savannah Wed/Thur midnight,
Charleston before noon on Thursday, Myrtle Beach early Thursday afternoon, then
Norfolk by Friday noon.

>Keep your water wings handy, Jim.
>

>>      This morning the GFS forecast shows that the remnants of Hurricane
>> Dorian will be in far eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina next
>> Wednesday.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson