[OM] Chris' connectivity outage - NOT Facebook Outage

Subject: [OM] Chris' connectivity outage - NOT Facebook Outage
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:02:23 -0700
On 8/26/2019 1:37 PM, christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
      This gets curiouser and curiouser.  While watching the servers that I was
connecting two, I was under the impression that the one with the name "lga3"
was at LaGuadia, New York.

      It's not.

      It's in Ireland.

      So instead of connecting to Facebook by way of a server 400 miles away in
Los Angeles, I'm instead connecting to a server 8,000 miles away in Ireland.

      I sure hope none of these people get involved in the future manned
missions to Mars.  A lot of people will die.

Not long ago, you were saying that about the FB people, saying they were idiot children, trying to do adult jobs. Do you withdraw it from them now?

You are sure quick to judge. What if there was a mechanical or electrical failure that prevented a direct connection, so competent web people or smart software rerouted traffic around the outage?

Not Everyone Is an Idiot, Not Even Moose