Re: [OM] Massacre!

Subject: Re: [OM] Massacre!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 14:07:00 -0700
On 8/11/2019 11:02 PM, ChrisB wrote:
Fascinating,

Yeah, knocked me out. She also raced my line back to Charlemagne, but that's pretty commonplace. He was sort of literally father of his empire, siring many children with wives and mistresses, and acknowledging the bastards.

OTOH, you too are descended from Charlemagne.

A little thought experiment: You had eight grandparents, 16 great-grandparents, and so on. With powers of two, the number of your ancestors quickly exceeds the number of humans alive not long ago.

At least some geneticists who write about genetics for non-biologists say that, if you have any European blood, you are descended from Charlemagne...and from his boot cleaner, and indeed from everyone who was alive in Europe around 800 AD and had descendants. Based not only on the above math, but on details of the now quite large amount of anonymous human DNA data now available to researchers.

but you meant your aunt's grandmother, I assume, Moose. Otherwise that part's a
little confusing.

Just trying to remember and repeat what the web site said, but I can't find
that part again. So ignore.

Confused Too Moose