Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Fu

Subject: Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Full frame mirrorless?]
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 23:49:33 -0500
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 12:49 PM Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Thanks, Ken.  That's a lot of helpful information.
>
> Since Joel is familiar with the E-5, I'll also look forward to his
> comments.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update.  I've been checking out your photos on the back
pages as I catch up.  Great stuff.

I had two valves *repaired* rather than replaced.  It is supposed to be a
40+ year fix, which ought to allow me to die of something else, but we'll
see.  Stents and so forth are pretty routine these days as well as the Mick
Jagger style drop-in valve replacements, but my surgery, as was yours no
doubt, was the full deal:  open chest cavity, cut open the heart, insert
ring (in my case), batten down valve.  I thought they were going to fix
only the mitral.  Woke up and they'd also repaired the bicuspid.  Had a
couple complications in the weeks recovering, but they're just bad memories
now.  No arterial grafts required.  I'm running and lifting again.  Very
happy all in all.

I like the E-5 in all respects better than the E-3, but it is more of a
subjective thing for me, as I don't torture test stuff the way Ken does.  I
still use old E bodies like the E-400 and I know the E-3 is better.  I just
don't use the E-3 because I've got an E-5.  I guess it's my E-5 backup.

My acquisition of a Panny/Leica 14-150 was around the same time as I
acquired the E-5.  It is rarely removed from that body, so it is hard for
me to think about the E-5 experience without that big zoom in mind.  I'd
like to get a OM-D M1 with an adapter, per Moose's suggestion, when I
finally get a Round Tuit.

Joel W.