Re: [OM] Scottish etiquette

Subject: Re: [OM] Scottish etiquette
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 22:40:17 +0200
Hi Mike,

I am sure Piers will give you a Scotland-specific answer, but what you are
describing is also common here in Spain, especially the part about just walking
up to the bar to pay. In higher-end restaurants this is not done, but it is
otherwise very common here.

As for tipping, there is no European country where the US 15-20% standard
applies. In some countries there is no tipping at all (e.g., Denmark), in
others you just round up a bit (here in Spain).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain