Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:13:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been looking at Lightroom.  I think I tried a demo version a few
years ago, and I did like it.  And I've noticed the positive comments on this
list about it.  But then there's the matter of $$.  However, I can easily get
by with an older version, which I can find on evilBay for less than $50.

     Question:  Can I use Photo Shop presets in Lightroom?

     I do have Photoshop 7.0, but I don't know if it can be installed on Win7.
Maybe I should try doing that.  An online guide says I should be able to since
I'm using a 32-bit machine
(https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Photoshop-6-or-7-on-Windows-7).  For 64-bit
machines you have to set up a virtual machine.  I don't have time and patience
for those games.

     So, I'll give it a try.  Should I do that in SAFE mode?

>I highly recommend Lightroom for everything.  It's a great cataloging
>program but has also replaced PS as a processing tool in most cases.  I
>very rarely have to go to PS unless I want to remove something which is an
>amazing miracle in PS or if I want to use Focus Magic.  Everything else is
>done in LR and usually better and easier than Photoshop.
>
>I would advise that you upgrade to Windows 10, though.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson