Re: [OM] WANT: 3D printed drop-in filter holder for OM 350 and 250 lense

Subject: Re: [OM] WANT: 3D printed drop-in filter holder for OM 350 and 250 lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 14:49:24 +0600
On 4/16/2019 6:03 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
Just had some followup mail from Shapeways, the 49mm Lieberkuhn reflector
that I also ordered is in the mail.  I also heard from the designer  that he
has made available a new stl file for the 55mm Lieberkuhn reflectors which
should print ok.

Might I suggest that you consider alternatives?

Most of the Oly Macro gear is still first rate, possibly best, lenses, bellows, VST copy stand, etc. But the illumination gear seems to me dated.

I've shot with the Lieberkuhn reflector, and with an inexpensive LED ring light, and found the ring light superior in coverage and flexibility. At least as good WB, too.

I've not tried to acquire the trans-illumination stuff, as it's obviously seriously out of date. A small, daylight color balanced "light table" works perfectly sans fancy power supply, hot lamp, etc.

CH has used a flash and 45 mirror below the stage for trans-illumination with
good results, as well.

Alternatives Moose