Re: [OM] WANT: 3D printed drop-in filter holder for OM 350 and 250 lense

Subject: Re: [OM] WANT: 3D printed drop-in filter holder for OM 350 and 250 lenses
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 07:50:09 -0700
> From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> I tried to contact "theBilder" via the link on the shapeways site and got
> the message "The requested user could not be found" !!!

I guess he won’t be doing a drop-in filter holder for me, then!

I did get help from someone on this list who knows more about 3D models and
printing than I do. I’m going to send him some measurements and photos.

I may actually be able to get them printed at the high school where I sub in
the library. There’s a couple printers in the lab there. I just don’t have time
to learn all the nuances… might make a nice project for a student, perhaps...

Assuming that works out well, is anyone else here interested in having one or
more of these? The 3D printing itself should be cheap enough, and we can split
whatever design costs occur. I’m not doing this to get rich. :-)

Jan