Re: [OM] An appeal to the collective techno wisdom of this group

Subject: Re: [OM] An appeal to the collective techno wisdom of this group
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 22:06:31 +0930
On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 06:02:08PM +1000, Wayne Harridge wrote:
> Is divorce an option ?
>
> ...Wayne

Given Bill's update I think our resident Mac collective in this case are
mostly correct... Keep the Missus and the Caddy and ditch the Mac junk
(or did they say the WIRELESS Mac junk... I forget... :) ).

Based on the wired vs wireless dicussion, it's kinda funny: my friend
from school and I were messing around with infrared remote control
protocols in the late '80s (fell out of my doing a TV servicing course).
Ever the practical person he built an IR wireless keyboard using a tiny
olivetti 102 key PC keyboard. We spent hours fragging demons (doom) in
his home theater space, long before it was common to see a PC in an AV
stack.

Sorry, I'm getting a bit of old-days-itis and I'm only 53.

davidt