Re: [OM] [was: Aspect ratio micro-quandary] Asia travel

Subject: Re: [OM] [was: Aspect ratio micro-quandary] Asia travel
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 17:58:19 -0400
On 2019-03-27 4:01 p.m., Moose wrote:
The Paro airport is only served by the tiny Royal Druck (Dragon) Airline, so one must go through Bangkok, Delhi or other lesser cities to get there. Bangkok is the best way.
On my 2011 trip, it was also Druk Air from Bangkok, with a brief stop at an airport in India (Gaya, if I recall correctly).

  DATE FLIGHT DEPARTURE AIRPORT ARRIVAL AIRPORT TIME CLASS BAG

  05NOV KB 123 BKK-SUVARNABHUMI - BAN PBH-PARO, BHUTAN 0720 Y -OK K

  18NOV KB 122 PBH-PARO, BHUTAN BKK-SUVARNABHUMI - BAN 1100 Y -OK K

As you head down the valley into Paro, marvel at how the wingtips *don't* quite touch the mountainsides :-) .

Michael