[OM] Pilsners, IPAs, and Their Brethren

Subject: [OM] Pilsners, IPAs, and Their Brethren
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:22:49 -0700
On 3/23/2019 10:15 PM, Willie Wonka via olympus wrote:
Beer advocate is an IPA fan site, nothing else. I can point you to to a number
of world class beers that have been knocked down by IPA fans.
Best
Boris
P.S. There are tons of fantastic ales made in US, but no one knows how to make
even remotely decent Pilsner yet. Einbecker Pilsner is the best i could get
here, but it is still a bottom tier if you ask me...

One must then ask if you approve of the current incarnation of Pilsner Urquell. As the original, "Pilsner (also pilsner or simply pils) is a type of pale lager. It takes its name from the Czech city of Pilsen, where it was first produced in 1842. The world’s first blond lager, the original Pilsner Urquell, is still produced there today." <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilsner>

If not, then one might think your preference in pilsners is idiosyncratic. If so, I hope Trummer Pils is soon marketed in your area. We are lucky here to have international gold and silver medal winning Trummer Pils made locally, with all imported Austrian ingredients but the water. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilsner>

Spectacular local beers of many kinds, including the Pliny the Elder Imperial
IPA that started this conversation.

Berkeley is also where the first micro brewer challenged Federal Law and won in court, making the whole endless array of micro brews possible.

Moderate Beer Consumer Moose