[OM] Nathan's PAD 24/3/2019: Place du Jeu de Balle, Brussels

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 24/3/2019: Place du Jeu de Balle, Brussels
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 09:12:09 +0100
I am back in Brussels again, this time for meetings at the Commission starting
in about an hour. So I had to travel here yesterday anyway, and I decided to
take a morning flight to enjoy a Sunday in Brussels and the promised good
weather (which turned out to be the case indeed). When I lived here in the
1990s, one of our Sunday rituals was to visit one of the many neighbourhood
flea markets, to look and to photograph, sometimes even to buy something. The
biggest and most famous of those is on a square called Place du Jeu de Balle in
the Marolles neighbourhood in the centre, in the heart of an extremely
multi-ethnic part of Brussels. So yesterday, after arriving at my hotel around
noon, I quickly jumped on the metro and headed to Place du Jeu de Balle, for
the first time since I lived here. It was a sunny day, and it was, to put it
mildly, a picture-rich environment. Here are five images.

The overall view:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tnJthdx/A

Shopping:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-F4N4Xj5/A

Fancy dress:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-MkcdZwm/A

Heads:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-hc5WdNJ/A

More heads:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-XSWcMcG/A

Much more to come when I get back to Alicante and properly edit the many
pictures.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman