Re: [OM] IMG: 200mm Bird Images

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 200mm Bird Images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 16:01:20 -0700
On 3/15/2019 1:50 AM, Philippe wrote:
OTT, one is a fixed FL, the other one a zoom lens.

Might I suggest that there is no way to compare lens quality on an E-1? If you see differences, it's in technique, not the lens.

I don't have a 50-200 for 4/3.*

I do have the first version 14-54. Herewith, same lens, same tripod, same FL, same aperture. The E-1 may be a lovely camera, certainly takes nice photos, but it just doesn't resolve much detail. Focus magic used on all three image files. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/E-1/14-54_resolution.htm>

The 14-54, OTOH, looks pretty darn good at 64 MP. My firm conviction is that the 50-200 also vastly out resolves the E-1 sensor system. At an informed guess, the Pentax out resolves it, too.

The Lens is Fine Moose

* I may even be prejudiced against it, as the first version is what led me to choose Canon over Oly for my first DSLR. Not just slow to focus, simply would not focus on a detailed, high contrast subject in dim light. The 10D with similar lens focused easily and accurately on the same subject.