Re: [OM] Enhance Details

Subject: Re: [OM] Enhance Details
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:48:33 -0800
<<Anyhow, I've added a row for it.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Moire_plus/Moire+.htm>

Hah,  yes indeed, not a trace of moiré.

Wellll. Look carefully, and there's a ghost of false color, albeit very faint.

So what are your final verdicts on the GX85, GX9, vs GM-5.

Apples and oranges, dood. The GM5 is tiny and light, and cute, well, OK, adorable, and an excellent camera. The GXs are bigger, heavier, but add IBIS, Sync IS, focus stacking, etc.

The GX 85 is only a tad smaller with a sl older sensor. What is unclear is how
much the EVF on the GX9 protrudes to make it a bit less portable.

Nah, they are the same size to any human sans scale and micrometer. Both EVFs protrude, the GX9 a couple of mms more. But - the upside of the GX9 EVF is that it's tiltable, so when it gets caught on something, it tilts up and releases. Otherwise, it means nothing to me. The GX7 had it, too, and I never found any use for it.

There's no real point to a GX85, other than lower price. A special deal on one is what got me into this mess, for which I am grateful. ;-) But if I didn't have one, I wouldn't buy one. The newer, larger sensor in the GX9 really is a step up, separate EV dial, improved menus, and other stuff that escapes me at the moment.

The dual IS with many panny lenses is a nice feature hopefully as good   the
the crazy good sync IS with Oly.

I really don't know. I hardly take pix of static subjects in the dark.
Where/how are you encountering this crazy good stuff?

Don't Know Much Moose