Re: [OM] Enhance Details

Subject: Re: [OM] Enhance Details
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 15:37:55 -0800
Very complex but admirable analysis. The enhanced detail did improve the false color but at quite a convenience cost. I wonder what happens if you clicked the reduce moiré box in PL.

I too would have wondered about that, had I known about it. I'm not a very expert DxO PL user. a setting below Repair and USM, and above Red-Eye Reduction just didn't ever catch my attention. It might be nice, i.e. easier for me, if they grouped all the tools that only apply to Raw conversion together.

Anyhow, I've added a row for it.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Moire_plus/Moire+.htm>

Does a good job of whacking moire color artifacts. But that strange background is still there. I tried deconvoluting the moire only version in PS, but the seeds are already there, so that's no better.

I think I know all I need to know about this stuff for now.

Sated Moose