Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection

Subject: Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 12:39:36 -0800
On 12/12/2018 10:34 AM, Bill Pearce wrote:
I don't know a thing about this business, nor do I care to, but I do see a bit
of the ugly underbelly of the tech explosion. I am only interested in how this
could affect me if I were able to find a qualified Minolta film scanner
repairman. I have two s\of thesse little devils and all service went away with
the Sony purchase of konica minolta, reinforcing my opinion of sony ass a fine
producer of innovative products without readily available service. If I could
get them repaired, I could use one but the other is in question.
No company service for my older Canon scanners, either. I bought a spare FS4000
on the 'Bay.
What I see here is something we all need to carefully consider. We are seeing
the fate of our most treasured images.

This confuses me. Just because your old scanners don't work doesn't mean your film can no longer be scanned. Scanners are still being made, and "scanning" by photograph with digicam works.

What you seem to want to do is like if I were placed in China and tried to
communicate in English by screaming loudly. I know, it's how americans do
things, but will it ever work? Can a scsi connection be adapted directly to usb
with out intervening elecronic stuff to translate?

Certainly electronics are involved. I believe the question has been whether
they work properly for a particular device.

Pixelated Moose