Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 17:42:33 -0900
The RMS may be lower, but the peak amplitude is still there on a couple of
those. The low level movement is pretty consistent, but we'll get a good
hard jolt that rattles everything. The stronger ones will cause things to
slide around a little bit.

We are almost through with the laundry room and kitchen. Probably another
two hours and we'll be done with that. One more bedroom to set back up, all
closets to restore and then the camera area to attack. Our basement storage
area is impassable. Everything went flying.

Karen got one small cut above. her eye. She was in the kitchen when it
happened and just about every cupboard and counter top emptied out.  Glass
flew everywhere.

She's really shaken up. The lights went out when it started getting really
rough and she couldn't see the stuff flying.  She is also sore as she stood
and hung onto the countertop. At some point she got under the dining room
table.

AG IS

On Saturday, December 1, 2018, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      This latest round of events, over the past hour, is much shallower
> than earlier, averaging around 20km.
>

> >     The frequency of the aftershocks has increased, but the magnitude
> >is quite a bit less, averaging around M2.7.
> >

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx