Re: [OM] OT: New Wrinkle with Facebook

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Wrinkle with Facebook
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:25:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Well, it isn't just you that noticed the difference. We saw our
>backbone throughput take a huge hit. Fortunately, the cache servers
>are catching up and helping, but something went nasty and we're not
>the only carrier to have a "conversation" with them.

     Glad to hear that it's not just me.  Reminds me of evilBay putting an end
to most text messages and sending everything in HTML, claiming that it was more
efficient.  Well, HTML messages take 20-30 times more volume than simple text
with embedded links.  But try telling that to spoiled children with unlimited
speed and memory.

>But honestly, your extreme penny counting isn't helping any and your
>choice of dial-up providers (earthstink) is certainly hindering your
>ability to claw your way out of the 1990s.

     I would actually like to claw my way back to the 1890s.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson