Re: [OM] OT: New Wrinkle with Facebook

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Wrinkle with Facebook
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:30:47 -0900
>      Prior to this, it only took about 10 minutes to download simple,
> uncluttered pages such as mine.  But now, I can't even look at that one.  Any
> neighbourhood information, such as police activity and broken water lines,
> can no longer be seen here at home.  Fortunately, I do get email
> notifications, but only the first half line of any text content comes through
> on those.  So, Facebook has put the dialup community into a societal dead
> zone.

Well, it isn't just you that noticed the difference. We saw our
backbone throughput take a huge hit. Fortunately, the cache servers
are catching up and helping, but something went nasty and we're not
the only carrier to have a "conversation" with them.

But honestly, your extreme penny counting isn't helping any and your
choice of dial-up providers (earthstink) is certainly hindering your
ability to claw your way out of the 1990s.

AG Schnozz