Re: [OM] smoke

Subject: Re: [OM] smoke
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 21:17:41 -0700
On 8/21/2018 2:10 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Slow Moose wrote:
If nothing else, too little time for such a trip before heading off in the
great shiny bird.
Who said that you have to fly out from California? Drive up and fly
out from here. Fly back and continue your trip.

That would be some serious packing and planning. We leave for Boston mid Sept., spend a month visiting friends and family, from Boston to Mt. Desert and back, hop on another plane to Ireland for 9 days, back to Boston for a few more days, then back.

Add drives to Alaska and esp. from Alaska after Halloween, and madness or
collapse ensues. :-)

Would be all right for our between places friend who will be house sitting,
though. :-D

Then too, how much smoke to breathe from here through BC? Just getting
through NorCal and SoOre might have caused respiratory trouble.
Maybe. It was horrid last year when we came up. But once we got to
Prince George it was sparkling clear air from there on.

Yes - and - smoke from here to mid Oregon, at least.

You've heard about the Tortoise and the Hare? We are slow travelers in our
Turtle. It took us a month to get to Glacier and back.
Living here is a tiny bit stressful. We expect to be here for several
years and then move back south. This puts a bit of urgency into the
photography and activities. The problem is that there is so much to
see, do and photograph that there just isn't enough time/money/energy
to do it all. I've never experienced this before. Always before there
were a handful of things to see, do and photograph

You've switched from low end to high end - whiplash. We've still got wish list stuff in our state. Places still turn up that I'd never known about that are wonderful.

that after a while you are just revisiting and/or perfecting what you've
already seen,
done and photographed.

Some of that, too, but out in nature, the weather, the light, even the subjects are always different. Wow! That's gone, changed radically? Glad I got pix.

It's horrible, just horrible.

I feeeel your pain. ;-)

Travelin' Moose