Re: [OM] OT: New Alaskan Earthquakes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Alaskan Earthquakes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 17:59:53 -0800
>      There is a new, dense swarm of earthquakes in northern Alaska, including
> the two largest north of the Brooks Range:

As you can imagine, I have a story...

I checked the webcams at the house to check on the dog and noticed
that one of the leaves of the houseplant a camera was hidden behind
was moving. There was just the ever so slightest movement that was
causing this one leaf to wiggle. I thought "hmmm..." and checked my
earthquake app on the phone and sure enough. While we can't feel
anything this far away, the leaf did.

I've seen a few braindead comments about fracking. No fracking or
drilling there. This one is not caused by human activity.

The density of aftershocks is unreal. For the first day, they say the
ground never really stopped moving except for a handful of lulls that
spanned a couple of minutes.

We did get a pretty good jolt from one up by Talkeetna. It was a
decently firm side-to-side jolt of a couple of inches. It was a single
bump, but it was enough to slosh the coffee.

AK Schnozz