Re: [OM] Internet Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] Internet Outage
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 17:18:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We've had all sorts of problems here for more than a week, and the
internet outage was relatively minor.  Numerous severe storms, one of which
shut off the power here for more than six hours.  Had someone's storage shed go
rolling down the street, coming to a rest as a ball of metal in a neighbour's
front yard.  Lots of huge trees knocked over, roofs stripped, etc.

     We had a wind gust of 68 MPH, and it may have been the one that resulted
from the straight-line wind that began less than a half mile from me.  Roof
construction out here is far from being code compliant (except for mine), so
there are shingles lying around everywhere.  One roof just down the street had
part of the sheething blown away.

>It's been a tough 24 hours for the Internet. Multiple cascading
>issues. Should be bouncing back now....we hope.Yes, fiber cut(s) and
>other simultaneous issues. Near perfect storm of issues--pretty much
>none local to you. Can't blame my company--we're miles away from the
>action.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson