Re: [OM] Tioga Pass Rd. Closed from West

Subject: Re: [OM] Tioga Pass Rd. Closed from West
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 12:18:05 -0700
On 8/4/2018 11:36 AM, Scott Gomez wrote:
At least 3 other routes, all north of Lee Vining, but don't require going
all the way to Carson City. CA108 out of Bridgeport. CA89 from Topaz Lake
over Monitor Pass. CA88 out of Gardnerville (which is essentially Carson
City).

You took the words out of my mouth. Except I'd have referenced going east. :-)

But, the alternate routes will likely not be their usual quiet selves. With 120
closed, lots of folks will be taking them.

We're sort of trapped at home. Fires put the kibosh on our plans for Ashland and So. Oregon, via Lassen, and most of the alternates we looked at were troubled with fire smoke.

Our favorite last minute, no reservations camp in Humboldt Redwoods looked OK - but they are repaving the roads. Aaah, the sounds of heavy machinery, back-up beepers and the smell of hot asphalt in the forest . . . Now it looks in danger of fire smoke, too.

Home isn't so bad, but for wanderlust. The marine layer is holding temps to mild. Mid 70°s yesterday afternoon; still 70° at midnight while we hung around in the living room with front door open. 73° now, just about perfect for us.

Now they are predicting bad air in Mendocino tomorrow. Yikes!

Trapped in Paradise Moose