Re: [OM] [OT] Sensor Cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Sensor Cleaning
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 11:58:14 -0700
On 7/27/2018 10:02 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
A few days ago I got a glob of sensor snot in the E-3. I cycled it a
few times and it wouldn't budge. I've also been noticing that the E-3
just kinda lacks something in contrast that I couldn't quite put my
finger on. So, I grabbed the sensorpen thingy and wiped the sensor
cover clean. I couldn't believe how much haze was on it.
Swipe-swipe-swipe and the thing is all sparkly clean now. The pictures
are much improved too.

Hmm, time to peer at my sensors? I imagine they are cleaner than yours, especially the 100-400 body, as there have been many fewer lens changes, especially in the great outdoors. And no mirrors flapping.

I bought the lenspen sensor thingy because the 6D gets pretty grotty.
But cleaning that is near impossible. Most of the time all you can do
is shove the cooties around, but the won't remove because of a static
charge on the sensor.

A reason to try the high pressure gas solution, whether Jan's or mine. Highly directed, high velocity air, through the little pipe on the can, in my case, can knock loose almost anything. If in a low dust environment, blowing all around at the back of the box also moves most of the accumulated dust out of the box, static charge or not. At least that was my experience with 300D, 5D and 60D.

Empty Box Moose