Re: [OM] OT: Internet Service

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Internet Service
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:59:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I did take a very serious look at (A)DSL not too long ago.  I would be
paying twice as much for higher level technology to a company that can't
maintain the simplest technology.  The risk/benefit ratio did not look good.

     I've been reluctant to switch from Earthlink because most of my published
papers have that email address on them, and I am contacted twice or more a
month with followup questions.  Abandoning that address with no forwarding
through Earthlink would have serious negative consequences.  It doesn't matter
that I'm retired.

     I'm seriously thinking of taking out a 3-month trial subscription to
Copper.com at $4.95/mo to see if the connectivity is any better.  They have far
more dialup numers than Earthlink, and they have nationwide service in the US
and Canada.

>Have you considered advancing to the 1990s and getting ADSL at least?
>I dare not suggest any of the 21st century technologies…

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson