Re: [OM] OT: Internet Service

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Internet Service
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:48:26 -0800
Well....

Do be aware that some of the other providers resell Earthlink
connectivity. And the rest are down to a few modem banks mostly
located in Las Vegas and ALL are severely affected by the conversion
of the POTS network to VoIP technology. The deterioration of the
dialup connections is a real problem and on a good day you really are
lucky to get a reliable 28.8 equivalent throughput regardless of what
speed your modem thinks it is training up at. The only reliable dialup
connection you are going to get is from the ILEC or a CLEC in your
telephone exchange that still has the modem shelves located in that
specific serving wire center. Otherwise, if it hasn't already been
converted to VoIP, it soon will and dialup becomes usable for checking
email only.

While I am technically not under any NDA with said company, I'll
refrain from commenting as I know far, far, far, far too much. And I
am EXTREMELY happy that I'm not part of that company anymore.

At this point, I would suggest that you look into getting a MiFi
device from a wireless carrier.

AG Schnozz