Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Aitplane Crash
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 18:18:33 -0500
Yes, Ken, you probably get a little of all models up there. Aviat makes a very capable airplane.  Since I earned my Private ticket in a 65-HP Cub, I have a lot of time in low powered ones. I am amazed what Aviat and Husky can do with the higher powered versions of that airframe.  With extra power, vortex generators and flaps, it doesn't take much wind to fly one backward.  The Maule 7 has a "dirty" stall speed of 30 mph.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA