Re: [OM] Q v. Q [was IMG: Fungi]

Subject: Re: [OM] Q v. Q [was IMG: Fungi]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 15:03:23 -0800
> But which one should I pin the medal on?
> Uncertain Moose

It depends on which monitor I looked at it on. As a SOOC (straight out
of camera) equivalent, I very much like the E-1/Master2 image, but
it's far harder to do further processing. It's hard to determine the
E-300 image as it's underexposed as compared to the others. But the
E-300 sensor possesses most of the goodness of the E-1 with slightly
less "character". I'm quite impressed with the E-M5 images and feel
that Olympus did a good job of bringing the latest batch of cameras
back full circle.

Without a doubt, I feel that Olympus has the best color signature of
all reasonably affordable cameras on the market. The Leica SL is a
camera that is just as good, if not a bit better. Beyond the SL, I
think you have to jump far into Phase One land to get anything
comparable.

Canons and Nikons need not apply. SONYs, just do the best job you can.

AG Schnozz