Re: [OM] Q v. Q [was IMG: Fungi]

Subject: Re: [OM] Q v. Q [was IMG: Fungi]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 08:40:23 -0800
> I'm not sure what happened here, with one blossom changing from purple tones
> to pink ones. More testing, I suppose.

The purple tones indicate that this is a classic violet/red mix. If
you have enough UV light present, the purples will be very distinct.
But if the UV light gets blocked or filtered out by cloud cover, the
purples fade into pink. The Olympus sensors have a secondary
sensitivity bump in the red sensels down in the opposite end of the
spectrum.

> I chose this subject for likely difficult to reproduce natural colors. Based
> on this one test, I can't see any color rendition advantage of E-1 over E-M5
> II. It seems to me that Oly has done a good job of retaining their 'look'.

Yes, they did!  They listened to us and our unending praise of the E-1
sensor and brought back the color traits of it to the new sensors.
Minus the foibles of the near IR sensitivity.

AG