Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]

Subject: Re: [OM] Bagpipes [was A tale of too many tripods]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 16:09:09 -0700
Heard the call Moose writes:
<<This seems the obvious way to do it.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Misc&image=_B003926corcroofm.jpg>

<<The knob on the end of the center column is a cover for another 1/4-20 threaded stud,
so head or body may be attached on either top or end of the tube. The molded loop for strap
attachment keeps it from going any lower. That and the thickness of the <<<end piece
means one can't get as low as one might expect.

<<<There are several other ways to get to ground level.........

Thanks for superb discussion with illustrations on how the bagpipes work and
alternatives.

Glad you liked it.

  The extra joint is very useful.  I like it, though it is quirky.  Good for
ground level locally at least.

I'm finding it a good addition to the menagerie that adds function the others don't have. At least two tripods are now on the sale list.

Tripedal Mose