Re: [OM] FF : Friday flowers from Alice's Garden - Moose :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] FF : Friday flowers from Alice's Garden - Moose :-)
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 08:48:21 +0200

> Le 3 juin 2018 à 01:24, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> On 6/1/2018 1:17 PM, Philippe wrote:
>> Flowers are back - storms too btw
>>
>> 5 FF shots,
>
> This is confusing for folks like me. FF has always stood, at least since
> half-frame cameras came out, for Full Frame. You mean to say FujiFilm? Why
> isn't it just plain Fuji by now, anyway? FujiPhoto?

Friday Flower, or Friday Fungus on occasions ;-)

This being clarified dear Moose :-), the fujis are full frame APSC, depending
on what lens you are using. And I now almost exclusively use XF lenses on them.
So we might consider that the coverage is full frame ;-) Were I still iinto
panaleica or Oly I’d call them full frame MFT so long as I’d use the dedicated
lenses on them ;-) No loss of acreage if the lens matches the sensor, i.e. full
frame.

My first FF camera :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/P1140408.JPG.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/P1140408.JPG.html>

My original FF 35mm :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FOCA+ONE+STAR.JPG.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FOCA+ONE+STAR.JPG.html>

More of my FF cameras :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Old+ladies-1140773.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Old+ladies-1140773.jpg.html>

;-)

All used, some slightly abused ...

>> starting here
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/album368/FF-They+are+back-1491.jpg.html
>>
>> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/album368/FF-They+are+back-1491.jpg.html>
>
> Very nice!
>
>> Some might be better viewed large.
>
> All, I would say. Except for DoF on a couple that's more obvious larger. I'd
> have cropped #1 to lose the fuzzy leaves protruding toward me.

Agreed, thanks. Another photofriend made the same remark, prompting me to clean
the corners ;-) Yet still to be done :-(

> #2 is perfect DoF for a deep subject to my taste, nothing in front OoF.
>
> #3 & 4 are just right.
>
> #5 is focused too deep for my taste. I've struggled with that sort of subject
> many times myself, and prefer focal plane as in #2. Nowadays, I would shoot a
> stack and get very deep DoF.

Thanks for the tip - these were quick and dirty shots made before a storm might
spoil the blooms. I’ll try again, using a tripod this time :-)

All were shot by instinct using the standard zoom lens that came with my
earlier X-1. And I find it no slouch for the price, sweet bokeh when needed,
and sharp enough for my degrading eyesight …

Have a luminous Sunday and enjoy the sound of the shutter

Amities
Philippe, full frame i-phone user ;-)