Re: [OM] FF : Friday flowers from Alice's Garden - Moose :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] FF : Friday flowers from Alice's Garden - Moose :-)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 02:57:05 -0700
On 6/2/2018 11:48 PM, Philippe wrote:

Le 3 juin 2018 à 01:24, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

On 6/1/2018 1:17 PM, Philippe wrote:
Flowers are back - storms too btw

5 FF shots,
This is confusing for folks like me. FF has always stood, at least since
half-frame cameras came out, for Full Frame. You mean to say FujiFilm? Why
isn't it just plain Fuji by now, anyway? FujiPhoto?
Friday Flower, or Friday Fungus on occasions ;-)

This being clarified dear Moose :-), the fujis are full frame APSC, depending on what lens
you are using. And I now almost exclusively use XF lenses on them. So we might consider that
the coverage is full frame ;-) Were I still iinto panaleica or Oly I’d call them full
frame MFT so long as I’d use the dedicated lenses on them ;-) No loss of acreage if
the lens matches the sensor, i.e. full frame.

That settled, how am I then to refer to what most of those writing about 24x36
mm frames call FF? 35 mm? 135?

That usage also blows the weak grasp we have on the AoV equivalence between all these sensor//film sizes. Without a reference point  of FF, everything becomes relative. Shall we go to specifying AoV in degrees. If so, may we change from the silly diagonal AoV measurement to horizontal?

My first FF camera :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/P1140408.JPG.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/P1140408.JPG.html>

Mine was an earlier Brownie Hawkeye, 6x6 on 620 film (120 on a different spool.)

My original FF 35mm :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FOCA+ONE+STAR.JPG.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/FOCA+ONE+STAR.JPG.html>

My father was relatively generous in letting me use his cameras, Kodak TLR, Exacta=>Topcon D=>Nikon Ftn SLRs. Thus my own first 35 mm was a Nikon Ftn (In part so I could borrow his lenses.) :-)  But for a brief flirtation with 6x6 again with a Rolleicord, I was strictly 35 mm until I went digital. I do have a Diana F 6x6, though. I find I am thoroughly incompetent at both remembering to wind on, and keeping notes, so have multiple exposures that are muddled as to lens/pinhole settings. A couple are really nice. :-)

More of my FF cameras :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Old+ladies-1140773.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Old+ladies-1140773.jpg.html>

I'm not going to dig them out, but everyone here can probably visualize chrome
OM-1 and black OM-2n, Om-4(T(i))s and XA. ;-)

F. F. Moose