Re: [OM] Just another day

Subject: Re: [OM] Just another day
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:10:44 -0800
> Thank goodness she's basically incompetent, but she was behind gutting
> Michigan's public school system, where there is now a system of "vouchers,"
> and anyone can take their tax dollars out of public schools to attend private
> ones.

Michigan's public school system was the poster-child of complete and
total disaster. She managed to break what was already destroyed. But
she certainly didn't make the situation any worse.I can't emphasize
enough just how completely horrid the education system in Michigan had
become before she came along. Whether or not her solution was the
"right" solution is debatable, but it was a busted system. And, yes,
the teachers' union was very much behind why it had gotten so bad.
That, and bureaucrats in Lansing run amok. Her voice was heard because
it put in place a system of competition that forced the public school
system to step up their game. Unfortunately, the devil is in the
details.

The fact that she is a religious wingnut is beside the point.

AG Schnozz